The Institute for Biomedical Informatics (IBI) Clinical Research Informatics Core (CIC) assists faculty, staff, and students with conducting research projects using electronic health record data. The CIC facilitates access to clinical data and performs data analysis using artificial intelligence, ontologies, natural language processing, machine learning, and visual analytics.
What we do
- Facilitate access to Penn Medicine clinical data resources
- Perform data analysis using diverse computational methods
- Provide tools for exploratory data analysis and visualization with priority access to the IBI Idea Factory for immersive display of data and research results
Learn more from our projects page.
What we don’t do
- Extensive data cleaning, reformatting, and integration of data outside of Penn Data Store and Epic
- Creation or maintenance of dashboards
- Analysis or reporting that is solely for clinical operations, not research
Currently we are offering grants for free assistance with clinical informatics work. For more information click here.
For early career and junior researchers, we provide grant support and a 1-hour initial project meeting at no cost. Some preliminary data analysis may be conducted at no cost; extensive data analysis will be billed upon agreement.
✓Effort-Based Service: Principal investigators can request calendar effort allocation (% effort) for clinical data scientists for a some period of a grant. The total cost is calculated solely on the designated salary of the clinical data scientists.
2nd floor Richards Building
3700 Hamilton Walk
Philadelphia, PA 19104